The Al Fresco Inside/Outside Range is a water based, durable, weatherproof, UV esistant chalk and mineral paint specifically developed to transform your garden or indoor furniture. It is incredibly versatile, eco-friendly, smooth, creamy and virtually odourless.
Requiring simple preparation, it is self-levelling (meaning little to no brush marks), self-priming and self-sealing with excellent coverage. The Al Fresco Range has minimal VOC content and has gone through rigorous testing to be certified UKCA and EN71-3 compliant meaning it is safe to use on children’s toys.
With a very low, almost flat finish, suitable for wood, laminate, UPVC and metal, it is a great choice for your kitchen, bathroom, front door or just about any type of garden furniture.
In Store Collection Only - we cannot post.
Think summer evening skies turning thundery in the distance. When you’re looking for a grey... because you really love grey... but actually you have too much grey... so you need something a tad less grey… think, lilac-nuanced, Stormy.
Perfect for updating your kitchen, bathroom, front door or just about anywhere! Weatherproof Al Fresco is a water based, eco-friendly chalk and mineral furniture paint with a low, almost flat finish. Requiring simple prep, it is self-priming, self-sealing and suitable for wood, laminate, UPVC/composites and metal both indoors and out. Having minimal VOC content and UKCA and EN71-3 compliance, it is safe for use on children’s toys.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Can be used for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Also suitable for interior wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surface is in suitable condition for painting and free from grease, wax or penetrating substances. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight, only when the air and surface temperatures are between 10oC and 32oC and humidity is less than 85%. Do not apply if, in the following 48 hours, there is likelihood of rain, frost, fog, condensation or if the temperature is likely to drop lower than 10oC
- Exterior wooden surfaces in particular can retain moisture for up to 48 hours after rainfall or preparation. Ensure the items are thoroughly dry prior to painting.