The Al Fresco Inside/Outside Range is a water based, durable, weatherproof, UV esistant chalk and mineral paint specifically developed to transform your garden or indoor furniture. It is incredibly versatile, eco-friendly, smooth, creamy and virtually odourless.
Requiring simple preparation, it is self-levelling (meaning little to no brush marks), self-priming and self-sealing with excellent coverage. The Al Fresco Range has minimal VOC content and has gone through rigorous testing to be certified UKCA and EN71-3 compliant meaning it is safe to use on children’s toys.
With a very low, almost flat finish, suitable for wood, laminate, UPVC and metal, it is a great choice for your kitchen, bathroom, front door or just about any type of garden furniture.
In Store Collection Only - we cannot post.
Just a little bit boudoir, this soft and muted pink has a whisper of vintage about it but is thoroughly modern in its allure. Graceful and feminine, it is perfect for adding a soft touch to contemporary neutral schemes or contrasting glamour when teamed with bold, dark colours.
Perfect for updating your kitchen, bathroom, front door or just about anywhere! Weatherproof Al Fresco is a water based, eco-friendly chalk and mineral furniture paint with a low, almost flat finish. Requiring simple prep, it is self-priming, self-sealing and suitable for wood, laminate, UPVC/composites and metal both indoors and out. Having minimal VOC content and UKCA and EN71-3 compliance, it is safe for use on children’s toys.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Can be used for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Also suitable for interior wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surface is in suitable condition for painting and free from grease, wax or penetrating substances. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight, only when the air and surface temperatures are between 10oC and 32oC and humidity is less than 85%. Do not apply if, in the following 48 hours, there is likelihood of rain, frost, fog, condensation or if the temperature is likely to drop lower than 10oC
- Exterior wooden surfaces in particular can retain moisture for up to 48 hours after rainfall or preparation. Ensure the items are thoroughly dry prior to painting.