The Voewood - Temporary Assistant Retail Manager
Do you have a passion for beautiful things and love retail? Want to be a key part of an independent local boutique?
- We are looking for a temporary retail manager to support the growth and development of the business over the next year. You will be customer facing and take full responsibility and accountability for the performance and day-to-day sales and operations of the physical store, along with stock level and fulfilment of the online store
- The Voewood is a small, individual owner-run boutique that is non-corporate in culture and places a high value on successful individual relationships. Entrepreneurial in spirit and driven by results, you will love bringing joy to customers through beautiful things, have belief in the power of community spirit, love interacting with customers and enjoy creating the ‘buzz' that people want to be a part of – both in store and in the digital world.
What makes you the perfect fit?
- You love interacting with customers, with your hands-on mentality, enthusiasm, and passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
- You have experience in opening and closing a store, and maximising sales.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office, different POS systems, and Social Media
- You are fully available and flexible when it comes to working days – weekdays and every Saturday, with occasional Sundays and evenings as necessary. This role is not suitable for anyone looking to combine it with another fixed daytime role.
- You enjoy in working in a small businesses/owner-led/ start-up environment
- You will be confident in using Social Media to promote a brand and engage new audiences
- You have experience in creating engaging product displays that are also commercial
You will oversee day to day running of both physical and online store, including but not exclusively:
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance and day-to-day sales and operations of the physical store
- Take full responsibility for the stock level and fulfilment of the online store
- Offering all our customers a VIP service by proactively contacting them when appropriate
- Able to read, analyse and understand retail data and report such as sales space analysis, profit and loss etc.
- Be able to demonstrate how you have achieved results and success through motivating, influencing and developing people and teams.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work alone under pressure, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Executing day to day retail operations in store e.g. key holding, scheduling, stocktaking, stock/delivery, admin, banking, housekeeping, cleanliness, presentation, health and safety
- Identifying the need for and purchasing shop sundries as required
- Dealing with suppliers as required
- Researching and sourcing packaging and other retail supplies required
- Providing high levels of customer service to enhance the overall customer experience and putting the customer first
- Making sure items are on the shelves and displayed attractively and priced accurately
- Synchronising stock levels between store and website; creating and fulfilling product barcode labelling
- Website product management – including product entry, inventory, descriptions
- Recruit, induct and train new team members as required
- Respond to all customer complaints and comments in a timely manner
- Develop product knowledge and share with customers and with the store's team members
- Creating social media content as required
- Create creative and sales-focused displays with agreement from line manager
- Ensure all retail display space is utilised
- Create content and use social media to drive customer engagement and sales
- Manage partnerships with external collaborators as required
- Experience in using social media to leverage customer engagement
- Being the primary point of contact with affiliates and external sales sites as required
- Maintaining customer database
- Organise and run in-store events as required
- Role model our values and behaviours in order to build our brand and brand experience.
This is a key holder position.
To apply please email your CV with a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com - marked Vacancy
References are required and may be taken up prior to interview.
Final appointment is subject to a trial period.
Due to the high number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.